TÜV Rheinland, one of the leading safety and quality testing service providers globally, has chosen Repstor Custodian for Legal™ from Transform Data International as its new global solution for electronic management of legal cases and automated reporting.
The German auditing organization planned to replace the locally used file management systems with a modern global solution. The company was looking for a system that would require less administrative attention, promote transparency, and enable automated key figure-based reporting on the large number of processes for internal stakeholders.
Already an established user of SharePoint as the corporate standard for managing internal projects, TÜV wanted to extend the same benefits to the legal function for matter management and to structure the way that requests are submitted to the legal department.
The 5 key requirements were:
- Matter triage – In order to be able to deal with legal issues in a targeted manner and not to waste unnecessary time on queries, it is important that as much relevant information and documents as possible are already received by the Legal Service function together with the enquiry from internal clients;
- Case routing – In order to be able to provide answers as quickly as possible despite a high number of enquiries, TÜV Rheinland considered it important that enquiries from internal clients should be automatically assigned to the correct legal responsibles within the Legal Team;
- Monitoring the response time – Requests are monitored and the relevant persons are notified automatically when set response times are about to be reached;
- KPI reporting – Matter detail including status, required response times, requesting business unit etc. can be identified and analysed as part of detailed KPI reporting;
- Outlook as primary interface – That all information is accessible primarily from within Outlook, while supporting compliant, default saving of documents and associated email correspondence within a matter.
TÜV looked at a number of solutions but found that only Custodian for Legal provided complete matter lifecycle management within the familiar Outlook interface, and had the detailed triage and reporting capabilities that it required.
Commenting on the choice of Custodian for Legal solution from Transform Data, Jörn Trögel Deputy Head Corporate Legal of TÜV Rheinland AG, said: “We enjoyed close collaboration with the Transform Data team, which we really appreciated as we knew that our requirements could not be met ‘off the shelf’. Transform Data’s combination of deep technical experience and understanding of how legal departments work helped us to find the ideal solution.”
Rob Kubben, managing partner at Transform Data, added: “We are proud to welcome TÜV to our customer base and are glad to see that TÜV is using the broad set of functionalities that Custodian for Legal has to offer, such as smart matter triage. We look forward to progressing the implementation and the go-live.”